Sunday, August 15, 2010

1976 CB400f PERIOD Cafe - Highway robbery -








ok i have lots to update on as, in my usual fashion, i haven't had time to get on here. But here is the latest jewel in my collection. Came across this SWEET cafe through an old friend at work who had been bugging me for the last few years to check out and buy his old bike. i wasn't all that interested in picking up another old stock Jap bike. Little did I know. Its a 76 CB400 four. the bike was bought new by my friend and he went on to build it through the late seventies/early eighties. Its got tons of OS parts and custom work done. Fiberglass cowel, clubman bars, had the tank dished for bar clearance. fork brace, Koni rear shocks, yoshimura race pipe (very rare), pirelli phantom rubber, custom fiberglass rear section. bar end mirrors. The coolest thing is the engine. Last run in 88, the motor was pulled and sent out for full rebuild including big bore kit (to 458cc) track Cam, and some porting was done to the head. Upon return of the motor the bike has sat in heated storage ever since. The motor hasn't been set between the frame rails yet. Now its my turn to have my fun with it. I shouldn't even say what i paid for it. Highway robbery.

1 comment:

I_am_10_ninjas said...

Well worth the price I'm sure. Wow that's a shopping list of awesome! Can't wait to see that thing scream. I had a little hooligan bike for a while. Nothing like this, but Stoopid fun. I did the tank dishing myself by kicking the bike over at a gas pump one day. Way better bar clearance after that.