Sunday, August 15, 2010

And the latest find.




The motorcycle gods have been good to me lately. Drove out and picked this beauty the other day. 1974 CB550. A classic example of a 70's budget/mild custom. +10" over fork tubes, aftermarket drag pipes, rear wheel wheel laced to a 16", 6 band buckhorn bars, twisted highway pegs. Too cool. This bike was bought as it is in 76, road from brandon to SK twice and out to BC once. the owner moved to Saskatoon in 1980 and parked it in the shed at his acreage. Has sat ever since. 30 years of storage. He said he had it fired up 10 years ago but hasn't rode it since 80. i have to get it going and ride it as is a few times, but I unfortunately have bigger and badder plans for it. Period 70's chopper winter project. more on that later....

3 comments:

I_am_10_ninjas said...

Oh hell yeah. I'm soo stoked you pick this survivor up. I was lookin at it thinking how it needed to join my flock. Fools seldom differ. Let me know if you're gonna turf those six bends, I'll take'm off your hands.

The_Hard_Ride said...

no way jose! these buckhorns are beauties, they will see the road again! actually got this bike fired up tonight. still got abit of an issue with one carb but a lil more elbow grease and i'll be cruising this beauty. can't wait.

Billy Sastard said...

Fukkin' eh, Bro! Glad that baby found a suitable home! Just the other day in fact ninja and I drank enough beer to be pretty sure our Mrs.'s wouldn't notice one more....
It's just Too Rad.
Hey, snooze ya lose.
congratz!